Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Flower Planting Time

                                                       

I love to work in my yard.  I come by it honestly, both my grandmothers loved their flower gardens.  Since the danger of any frost is long gone  I have begun my annual planting of new varieties of roses and other plants.  I enjoy being outside and getting my hands dirty while listening to the sweet chirping of the birds.  As much as I love this kind of work my body does not have the endurance it once did and I am finding everything is taking longer to complete.  I have been working on the project for three days now; Saturday, Monday and today (Tuesday).  I should finish in at least two more days.  When the project is complete and everything is blooming I will post some pictures of my labor. 
Planting reminds me of the cycle of our seasons.  I love Spring when the earth is bursting forth with newest and rebirth.  It helps prepare my heart for Easter which for Christians is a time of  great celebration and a reminder  of the  new life we can have in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment