Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday to the one I love!



Today is my husbands birthday.  Happy Birthday, Rick.  I love you more than words can say. I was thinking earlier about how many of Rick's birthdays I have celebrated with him.  I think it is 46 this year.  I can't remember all of them but I do remember some.  When the girls were younger and still at home they really liked to make dear old dad feel special. I remember several cakes they baked and decorated.  The last few years of Rick's mom's life she was here with us and added to his birthday celebration.  The plans this year weren't anything too grand.
I took him to lunch in Beaumont. Then to Cavender's Boots to purchase a new pair of his favorite shoes (they are like a cowboy boot without the tall top part).  If you know Rick you will understand about the shoes, because except for Sunday he wears them constantly. Once back home we made coffee, sat on the porch talked and listened to the wind, which is really blowing here today.  While the girls were here last week we had a early celebration.  Beau wanted cupcakes so that is what Rick got instead of a cake.  Last night a group of our dear friends from our church took him out for Mexican food and homemade lemon squares.  Maybe I will start now planning something really BIG for celebration #47.



No comments:

Post a Comment